|Shoreline Breakfast Rotary Club, after Completing a Litter Cleanup
You can help keep Shoreline clean and green by joining the Adopt-a-Road program. The Adopt-a-Road program provides opportunities for individuals, businesses, clubs, church groups, and other organizations to adopt one-mile or greater stretches of City-maintained roads. Volunteers can help beautify the City by cleaning both sides of the roadway at least four times per year. The program has three main goals:
- To reduce litter along Shoreline roadways, while increasing community pride.
- To keep our surrounding environment, including storm water inlets, clean.
- To increase public awareness and demonstrate positive action about the issue of littering.
To check on road availability, request safety kits or schedule a safety orientation, contact the Customer Response Team Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at (206) 801-2700.
How to Adopt a Road?
Consider a road for adoption. (Available Roads) (Adopt A Road Program Map)
Contact the City’s Customer Response Team (CRT) at (206) 801-2700 for assistance in selection of a City-maintained road that is available for adoption.
With CRT Division staff, develop your litter clean-up schedule. Adopt-a-Road teams will receive personalized signs, installed at the beginning and ending points along the adopted roadway reflecting your group’s commitment.
Complete an application form and send it to us using the contact information at the bottom of this page. Feel free to call or e-mail first to discuss road availability. Once your adoption request is approved, you will receive an in-person safety orientation, sign an Adopt-A-Road Agreement and fill out a recognition sign request.
Already Adopted a Road? How to Schedule a Cleanup
- Select a preferred date.
- Call 206-801-2700 at least two weeks in advance to check availability of your preferred date and reserve your safety kit(s).
- Each safety kit includes materials for up to ten people.
- Pick up your safety kit(s) from the CRT Office @ 17500 Midvale Ave N
- Review the Adopt-A-Road Safety Rules with your volunteers at or prior to the clean-up event.
- Have all volunteers sign the Volunteer Service Agreement Hold Harmless/Release Form. Volunteers under age 18 must have an Individual Service Agreement form signed by their parent or guardian.
- Return the safety kit(s) in good condition within two business days of your cleanup so that others may use them.
- Mail or fax a Completion Form and the signed Volunteer Service Agreement Hold Harmless/Release Form to the CRT office.